By accessing the eRcane’s websites, you are able to choose the cookies you want to accept or refuse.
These cookies do not install without your consent.
Cookies are small amounts of information stored on the computer equipment (within your internet browser) that you use while browsing the internet. These cookies are accessible and registered by the websites that you visit, and by the companies that process your personal data for their own specific purposes. eRcane can only access the cookies that it has installed itself, and cannot access cookies installed by other companies.
2. Web beacons
We can use web beacons (also known as transparent GIFs, pixels or action tags) to provide better service, better target interactive advertising, and improve the website’s usability. These technologies are pieces of code in the form of a tiny graphic image on a webpage or in an email. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, the time and date of viewing a page, and a description of the page on which the web beacon is placed. In general, any file offered as part of a webpage can act as a web beacon.
We use web beacons for various tracking purposes, for example:
- to determine if you are connected to the website or to a third-party service
- to measure a behaviour: opening an email, visiting a page, etc.
- to collect technical information about the individual causing the behaviour: IP addresses, machine configuration, etc.
- Third parties may also use web beacons on the website to receive information for auditing, research, and reporting purposes, or to understand your interests and to select and offer you advertising tailored to them.
It is a calculation of a unique identifier of the machine based on elements of the configuration of the user who visits the website. This system makes it possible to identify our visitors more accurately.
4. Flash cookies
Some of the website’s third-party partners may use Flash cookies, otherwise known as locally shared objects (LSOs). They are used to identify your interests through the items you view and, more generally, to track users’ behaviours in different ways. Locally shared objects store cookie-like data in a folder on the user’s computer, and they are installed through Adobe’s Flash Player video player.
The general purposes of the cookies and other tracers that we are likely to use are:
- Cookies to measure use of the website (not subject to consent), including:
- “session IDs”
- sessions created by a media player
- load balancing session
- audience measurement
- personalisation of the user interface (language or presentation, for example)
- session necessary for security
Advertising cookies in order to offer advertising focused on your interests
Audience analysis cookies
Cookies to provide geolocation services
Social media cookies to enable creating a link to or sharing links quickly on social networks
Cookies to link to video sharing services
Cookies to link to comment sections
These cookies and the corresponding data are kept for a maximum of 13 months.
Browsers offer specific options for cookies and usually offer a “do not track” option so that you can refuse their use:
- For Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- For Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=fr
- For Microsoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- For Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=fr_CA
- For Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
- On Apple smartphone, information about this is available at: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205223
- On Android smartphone: Go to the phone settings, then go into “Google”, then “Ads”, and enable the option “Turn off Ad Personalization”. We advise you to reset your username at the same time.
6. Changes to this Policy
This Policy was published on May 25th, 2018. In case of changes to this Policy implemented by eRcane, such changes will be identified by eRcane on this webpage.