Industrial automation and electronics department
The eRcane Industrial Automation and Electronics Department, founded in 1973, has made a major contribution towards modernizing sugar processing management in Réunion through the introduction of distributed control systems (DCS)
The department team is involved at all project stages, whether it be a new device to outfit or an existing device to upgrade:
- assessing needs with the mill teams
- drafting the specifications
- determining the automation
- quipment to be purchased
- determining the control loops
- automation control programme implementation
- execution of graphic display for HMI (Human-Machine Interface)
- testing on test benches
- deployment of the unit at the mill site.
Most sugar process automation projects are programmed, verified and tested at eRcane before being implemented on site.
The training courses organized by the Industrial Automation Department in Réunion are also available to foreign trainees.
The eRcane Industrial Automation Department also manufactures transmitters tailored for crushing and crystallization processes in the cane sugar manufacturing industry (chute level transmitters, conductivity meters, etc.).